Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Working and Dreaming

I just got in from my second job today. We'll call it The School. It's a university teaching job somewhere in New Jersey, where I sling cultural anthropology the way short order cooks sling hash. Today was a good day- I slept in the School library's faculty study room for a few hours before class, and looked at a couple of books on American textiles. Now I'll sleep for four hours and go into the Job, which is a major law firm where I do proofreading on the night shift. This is my life every Tuesday and Thursday until May.

I'm hoping I'll have time to crochet tonight while at work because I'm trying to finish up a large doily that will act as a placemat on my desk. The pattern is this one. I'm making with with a green bamboo yarn, which is very soft and nice. Thinking about crochet is one of the few things that keeps me sane. My dreams seem to be filled with wool.

2 comments:

smr61754 said...

Hi, Michele! Saw you mention your blog on Ravelry and thought I would drop by. Curious as to what school in NJ you are teaching at but I understand you wouldnt want to advertise that. But its probably up north. I live in S. Jersey and my son goes to university down here.

Good luck with your blog...they can be fun! Mine is fun mixed with work since I have to crochet stuff to put in it :) See ya around!

Sandy

Sapientia Magazine said...

Thank you for stopping by! Yes I teach in N. Jersey- it only takes me about 45 minutes to get to work from my other job, which is near Times Square.